The terms and conditions of use shown below, set forth the rights, obligations, responsibilities and other necessary matters of the Company and its users, in connection with the use of service provided by Urbanbase (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”).
The definitions of the terms used in these Terms and Conditions are as follows, and the interpretation of the terms that are not defined in this paper shall be governed by the relevant laws and regulations.
- 'Service' means all the Service(including all API/SDK, webpages and applications) provided by the Company and available for its users through various wired and wireless devices such as PC, mobile device, tablet PC and others.
- 'Member' means a customer who accesses and uses the Company’s Services, after registering and authenticating their ID and password, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- 'User' refers to a customer who accesses the Company’s Service and uses the Service, even without the official registration and log-in process.
- 'ID' means the Member’s e-mail address, which is registered and approved by the Company, for identification purpose and use of the Service.
- 'Password' means a combination of letters and numbers registered by the Member him/herself, for the purpose of checking and confirming the identity of the Member, as well as for securing the confidentiality.
- 'Post' means all the information such as signs, texts, voice, sound and videos posted and saved in the electronic information and the Service that decorates and saves 3D spaces, when Members are using the Service provided by the Company.
3. Specification and Modification of the Terms and Conditions
- The Company will post the Terms and Conditions in the initial screen of the Service, so that Members and Users can easily notice them. However, the details of the terms can be seen on another page by clicking the link provided.
- When the Company revises the Terms and Conditions of Use, the Company shall specify the applicable date and reason for revision, and notify it by the method of Clause 1, together with the current terms, from 7 days before the effective date of the revised Terms, to the day before the effective date. However, in case of the amendment of the terms unfavorable to the Member, at least 30 days of grace period will be announced and the revised terms will be sent to the registered Member via e-mail.
- The Terms and Conditions revised by the Company, in accordance with Clause 3, shall be applied from the date of the revision notice, and if the Member does not explicitly express his/her intention to deny, it will be considered that he/she consents to the revised terms.
- In the case when a Member disagrees with the application of the revised Terms, the Company shall not apply the revised Terms and Conditions, and in such case, the Member may cancel the contract. However, if there is any special circumstance where the existing terms cannot be applied, the Company may terminate the contract.
4. Registration and Modification of Account
- The User applies for membership by filling in the registration form set by the Company, and signifying that he/she agrees with these Terms. In this process, the Company may request personal authentication via e-mail.
- As it is stated in Clause 1, among the Users who filled out the registration form, the Company shall only register them if they do not belong to any of these below:
- The applicant has lost membership in the past in relation to Clause 3 of Article 9 in this Agreement. However, exception applies if 1 year has elapsed after the loss of membership and the Company has approved the re-membership process.
- If there is false information, omissions, or errors in registration details.
- When a Member who has already received suspension of membership from the Company makes another application in an unfair manner.
- When purpose of the application is of hindering or obstructing social order or morals.
- If it is determined that registering the User is a serious technical / non-technical disruption in providing normal Service.
- Membership and Usage Contract shall be established at the time when the member’s approval for membership has been done and the member’s certification is completed.
- The Company can classify the Members according to their grade, and the Users may be limited access to Service according to their grade, differentiated by the use time, number of use and the Service menu.
- The Member must notify the Company of the change in registered information at the time of membership, within a considerable period of time, by means of modification of the Member’s information.
- The Company shall not be held responsible for the disadvantages incurred while using the Service, if the Member did not inform the Company of the changes, as stated in Clause 5 above.
5. Obligation for Privacy Protection
- In the registration process, the Company collects personal information to the minimum extent, only necessary for provision of the Service.
- E-mail Address
- Age Group
- The Company does not collect any personally identifiable information, and if collection is necessary, such as when providing additional Services and promotions, the Company shall notify the Member of its purpose and receive consent.
- Personal information provided by the Member to the Company shall not be used for any other reasons apart from its core purposes. However, these following cases are to be exceptions
- Providing information in an unidentifiable form, as needed for the Service statistics, academic research and market research
- Requested information from law enforcement authorities in accordance with any legal process
- Required by any other laws
- If the Company is required to obtain the consent from the User in relation to Clause 2 and 3 above, the identity (affiliation, name and phone number, other contact information) of the person in charge of the Privacy management, the purpose of the information collection and information usage, information related to the provision of information to third parties (content provided, purpose of providing, and the information to be provided), the Company must specify or notify in advance, about the matters stipulated in the “Act on the Promotion of Information and Communication Network Utilization”, and the User may withdraw this consent at any time.
- Members may ask for their personal information to be reviewed and corrected at any time, and the Company shall be obliged to take necessary measures without delay. If a Member requests correction of an error, the company will not use the personal information until the error is corrected.
- The Company or any third party who receives personal information from it shall destroy the personal information without delay when it has attained the purpose of collecting or receiving the personal information
6. User’s Responsibility for ID and Password Management
- Members are responsible for managing their ID and password.
- Members shall not allow any third parties to use their ID and password.
- If a Member notices that his/her ID and password are stolen or used by a third party, he/she must notify the Company immediately and follow the instructions given by the Company.
- If a Member fails to give notice in accordance with Clause 3 or fails to comply with the Company’s actions, then the Member is responsible for any disadvantages that may arise.
7. Notice to Registered Users
- The Company may notify members about the rights and obligations that are necessary for the use of the Service, via e-mail designated by the Member.
- The Company may substitute individual notice by posting it as an announcement within the Service, at least 7 days prior to the notification, in the case for notice to unspecified number of Members.
8. Company’s Responsibility
- The Company shall not engage in any acts that are prohibited by laws and regulations or against the public good or wrong, and shall do its best to provide Services to Users on an ongoing and stable basis as specified by these Terms and Conditions.
- The Company shall deal with any opinions or complaints from Members regarding the use of the Service if it is found to be legitimate. For any comments or complaints submitted by Members, the Company will use the announcement channel within the Service or send the process and results to the Member via e-mail.
9. User Responsibility
- Members must abide by the relevant laws and regulations, the Terms and Conditions of use, and other matters related to the Use of the Service, and shall not interfere with other activities of the Company.
- Members shall not take these actions below.
- Registration of false contents when applying or changing personal information
- Interrupting the operation of the Company and its Services intentionally and negligently
- Stealing information from others
- Making changes to information published on the website
- Sending or posting information (of computer programs, etc.) other than information set by the Company
- Infringement of intellectual property rights, including copyrights of the Company and other third parties
- Damaging the reputation of the Company or any other third party or disrupt business
- Disclose or post information that is contrary to public or indecent, such as violent messages, images, and voices
- Using the Services for profit-making without the Company’s consent
10. Provision and Modification of the Service
- The Company carries out the following obligations.
- Provides 3D spatial information for buildings and provides spatial editing function
- Provides two-way communication Service based on contents for 3D indoor space information
- Provides two-way communication Service based on 3D indoor space information contents
- Provides information on furniture, appliances, accessories, and interior design used for customizing 3D space information
- Provides VR·AR Service experience for 3D indoor space information
- The Company may change the contents of the Service for improvement purposes or change in technical specification. The Company will immediately notify the Member of the contents of the Service, to be changed by the method specified in Article 7 of this Agreement and post it as notice within the Service.
11. Use of Services
- The Company will provide the Service from the time when the Company accepts the User as a Member, after the User applies through official registration.
- The Company shall provide the Service without any break, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- The Company may divide the Service into a certain range and separately specify the available time for each range. In this case, the contents shall be notified in advance to the Member, according to Article 7 of the Terms and Conditions.
- The Company may have separate Terms and Conditions for individual Services within the Service, and consent to the Terms and Conditions that apply to individual Services will be subject to notice and consent, if the Member uses the individual Service for the first time.
12. Provision of Information and Publication of Advertisements
- The Company may provide Members with various information that is deemed necessary for the use of the Service, via announcements or e-mail. However, Members may refuse to accept e-mail at any time, except for the information provided by the Company in accordance with relevant laws and answers to customer inquiries.
- The Company may post advertisements on the Service page, websites, and e-mails in accordance with the operation of the Service. Members who receive an e-mail containing an advertisement may express their intention to deny receiving the advertisement, and the Company will direct the Member to the appropriate method for subscription.
13. Intellectual Property Rights of Contents and Posts
- All rights including intellectual property rights such as programs, designs and trademarks produced by the Company belong to the Company. However, the user’s posts or programs developed by the user are excluded.
- The right granted to the Member when the Company permit the user to using the Service means the limited right to use the Service and result data in accordance with this agreement and terms. The user is prohibited to transfer, sell the Service and cannot use the Service for collateral.
- The Company can receive the data(such as image, all information which recognized by mobile devices, 3D product data such as furniture or home appliance, 2D/3D floor plans, etc.) owned by the Member and the Member agrees that the Company has limited right to use received data from the user. The Company can use received data for the purpose of providing the Service and improving the quality of the Service. The agreement of the Member must be required if the Company use the data for the purpose which is not stated above.
- The postings posted by Members in the Service allow the Company to use them domestically and abroad for the following purposes.
- Exposure to search results or Services and related promotions
- Modifications, duplications and edits within the scope required by Clause 1 above
- Exposing posts to media and related channels to promote the Company’s Services
- If the Company wishes to use the Member’s posts in any way other than purposes stated in Clause 4 above, the Company must obtain the consent of the Member through e-mail.
- The posting of a Member in the Service is considered to allow other Members to share and redistribute the post within the scope of the non-commercial purpose. In this process, it is considered to be allowed to store and use the post on PC or mobile device.
- Member shall not use the information obtained from the use of the Service or commercial purposes and for third parties, by copying, transmitting, publishing, distributing and broadcasting without the prior consent of the Company
14. Responsibility of the Posts
- Members have all rights and responsibilities for the postings they have made, and the Company may delete the contents of the Service posted by the Member without prior notice, if it is judged that the contents are as follows.
- Content that insults another Member or a third party, or damages reputation by slander
- If the contents are in violation of public order and morals
- When it is recognized as being connected with a criminal act
- Content that infringes on the rights of other persons, such as the copyright of the Company or a third party
- Posting commercial advertisements or promotional contents that are not previously approved by the Company
- In the case of unauthorized use of the name of another person or alteration of the information of another person
- If the content is not relevant to the Company’s Service
- If it is judged to be in violation of other relevant laws and regulations
15. Suspension of the Service
- The Company may temporarily suspend the provision of Services in the event of maintenance, inspection, replacement, breakdown of equipment such as computers or loss of communication.
- In the event that it becomes impossible to provide Services due to the conversion of business items, abandonment of business, merger between companies, then the Company shall notify the Member in the manner prescribed in Article 7 of this Agreement and post it as notice in the Service.
16. Termination of Membership and Contract
- Members may at any time, notify the Company of their intention to terminate their membership by submitting a membership withdrawal from the Service, and the Company shall immediately accept it unless there are any special reasons.
2.Members shall be responsible for the disadvantage caused by the withdrawal of membership by the Member him/herself. If the contract is terminated, the Company may collect back various additional benefits that were provided to the Member.
- The Company shall be exempted from liability for the provision of the Service if it is unable to continue the Service due to natural disasters or any other similar circumstances.
- The Company shall not be liable for loss of the profits that the Member expects from using the Service, and shall not be responsible for any damage caused by the data or information obtained through other Services.
- The Company shall not be held responsible for the accuracy and reliability of the information posed by the Members.
- The Company has no obligation to intervene in the dispute arising out from the mutual Service of the Company or between the Members, as well as the third party mutually, nor shall the Company be liable for damages caused by the disputes.
- The Company shall not be liable for the use of the Services provided for free of charge, unless there are special regulations in the relevant laws.
- The Company strives to provide accurate and reliable information about all 3D spatial information and interior items provided by the Service, but in the process, it may not be 100% identical to the actual place or product. The Company is responsible for explaining it to Users and Members sufficiently, and they agree that the Company will not be held responsible for any direct or indirect damages arising from this.
18. Settlement of Disputes
- The Company shall compensate for damages caused by intention or negligence of the Company in the use of the Service by the Member, within the scope of the laws and regulations, such as the civil law.
- The Company shall not be responsible for any disputes between Users, and in this case, disputes between Users shall be resolved directly between the parties involved.
- The Company shall take precedence over any complains or comments submitted by Members. However, if prompt processing is not possible, the Member shall be informed promptly of the reason and the schedule that is required to process the issue.
19. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Governing law of these terms and conditions shall be the law of the Republic of Korea, and the Seoul Central District Court shall be the competent court when a lawsuit is filed against the dispute between the Company and the user by using Services.
Urbanbase Co., Ltd. (“Urbanbase Inc” or “Urbanbase”) collects, uses and provides personal information based upon user’s agreement.
Urbanbase complies with the relevant laws and regulations of the Republic of Korea (such as Personal Information Protection Act, Information Communication Network Promotion and Information Protection Act, Telecommunications Privacy Protection Act, Telecommunications Business Act, et- ). Urbanbase is committed in its best ability to protecting the rights and interests of users, by establishing a personal information processing policy in accordance with relevant laws and regulations.
1. Information to be collected and method of collection
Personal information items to be collected
- Personal information collected during the individual registration process
Urbanbase collects minimum user information listed below during the registration process, in order to offer various services.
|Required Information ||Optional Information|
|User ID (E-mail), Password, Age Group, Gender, Field of Interest (preferred geographical location for apartments, size, floor plan types, preferred furniture brands, style, preferred color, purchase history), User behavior information (Comments on other posts and likes), SNS Information (Friend list, e-mail, age, birthday, gender etc) ||Profile Image|
List of personal information to be collected automatically
- The following information may be automatically generated and collected during the process of using the service or business-related activities.
IP Address, Cookie, date and time of visit, information of service usage history and the user behavior, device information.
Method of collecting personal information
Urbanbase collects personal information in the following ways:
- Collection through the use of service, event application, customer center, general information collection tool.
2. Purpose of collection and the use of personal information
- Fulfillment of contracts related to the provision of services and settlement of fees generated from the provision of services.
– Providing a home furnishing simulation tool to the registered users, and offering services that make purchasing more convenient by recommending furniture and interior materials according to the user’s interest / behavior information.
– Improvement of existing services, research and development of new services
– Validation of the service
– Purchase and payment
- Management of registered users
– Personal identification
– Controls on the acts and services that interfere with the smooth operation of service and illegal use of services
– Preservation of records for possible dispute settlement
– Complaint handling and customer services
– Delivery of notices
– Confirmation on the withdrawal of membership
- Use in marketing and advertising (optional)
– Sending advertisements and holding events according to statistical data and characteristics.
3. Sharing and providing personal information
Urbanbase provides personal information to third parties in order to provide the users with diverse services. Except for the circumstances provided in this policy, we will not rent or sell user’s personal information to any outsiders.
Urbanbase deletes part of the data that identifies each user, and shares anonymous data with outsiders. We may also share this general information after combining the user’s personal information with other information in the way that is not relevant to the user directly.
- Sharing and providing personal information for provision of service
4. The period of destruction, retention and use of personal information
Urbanbase will destroy user’s personal information without delay, after the purpose of collection and use of personal information is completed.
- Personal information in the form of electronic files: Delete using a technical method that cannot recover the record
- Personal information printed on paper: Destroyed by paper shredder or by incineration
However, if it is necessary to preserve by the provisions of related laws, such as the commercial law, consumer protection law in e-commerce, et- , it will be kept for a certain period, determined by according laws, and destroyed afterwards. During this time, the separately stored personal information will not be used for any other purpose unless it is stipulated in laws and ordinances, and the retention period is as follows.
|Archived Information ||Reason for Preservation ||Preservation Period|
|Records of contracts or withdrawals ||Consumer Protection Act in Electronic Commerce ||5 Years|
|Records on payment and supply of goods, etc. ||Consumer Protection Act in Electronic Commerce ||5 Years|
|Records of electronic financial transactions ||Electronic Financial Transaction Law ||5 Years|
|Records of consumer complaints or disputes ||Consumer Protection Act in Electronic Commerce ||3 Years|
|Website visit history ||Communication Confidentiality Protection Act ||3 Months|
Urbanbase reports each user’s rights as follows.
- Users can view or modify their registered personal information at any time. If users disagree with the company’s processing of the personal information, users may refuse to accept or cancel their membership (withdrawal). However, in such cases, users may experience some restrictions when using some or all of the services.
- In order to view or modify the personal information, users need to ‘change their personal information’ (or modification of the membership information). In order to cancel the membership (withdraw the user’s consent), users need to click ‘Withdraw Membership’ and the correction or withdrawal is possible.
- If a user requests for correction of an error in their personal information, it will not use or provide personal information until the process is completed. Also, if wrong personal information has already been provided to a third party, we will notify the third party without delay and make correction.
- The ‘Company’ will treat personal information that has been terminated or deleted due to the request of the user, in accordance with the terms specified in 4. The period of the destruction, retention and use of personal information, and is prohibited from being viewed or accessed for other purposes.
6. Subjects on installation, operation and rejection of automatic collection of personal information (Cookie)
Cookies are used to help you use website faster, more conveniently and to provide customized services.
What is Cookie?
Cookies are very small text files to be sent to the browser of the users by the server used for operation of the websites of the Company and will be stored in hard-disks of the user’s computer. After that, when user visits a website, the website server is used to maintain the user’s preferences and provide customized services by reading the contents of cookies stored on the user’s hard disk.
Cookies do not automatically and / or actively collect information that identifies the user, and users can refuse the storage or delete these cookies at any time.
It is used to provide optimal service to the users and to provide customized and optimized information, including advertisements, by understanding the types of visits, user behavior, popular contents and size of the users that visit Urbanbase website and related services.
Installation, operation and refusal of cookies
Users have the option of installing cookies. Therefore, by setting options in your web browser, you can allow all cookies, check each time a cookie is saved, or refuse to save all cookies.
However, if you refuse to store cookies, you may have difficulty using some of Urbanbase services that require user log-in.
Here is how to specify whether to allow cookies to be installed (for Internet Explorer):
- From the [Tools] menu, select [Internet Options].
- Click [Privacy] tab
- You can set [Privacy Level]
※ In the case of Chrome browser:
- Select the [Settings] menu on the right side of the Web browser.
- Click [Show advanced settings] at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the [Content Settings] button under personal information.
7. Technological and administrative protection measures of personal information
Urbanbase takes the following technical and administrative measures, in order to ensure the safety of your personal information in order to prevent your personal information from being lost, stolen, leaked, altered or damaged.
Encryption of personal information
Users’ personal information is transmitted using the encrypted communication channel, and important information such as password is stored after encryption.
Protection measures against hacking
Urbanbase installs the system in an restricted area where access from outside is controlled, in order to prevent personal information from being leaked or damaged by hacking or computer viruses. In addition, we are backing up the data from time to time in preparation for the damage of personal information. We use the latest computer vaccine program to prevent personal information or data from being leaked or damaged, and we are also making sure that we securely transmit personal information on the network through encrypted communication
Minimization on the numbers of staff and training
However, Urbanbase assumes no liability for damages that are not attributable to the Company, such as negligence of the user him/herself or accidents in areas that are not controlled by the Company, despite the Company’s obligation to protect personal information.
|Person in charge ||Hyun-Woo Bang|
|Contact Information ||+82-2-3666-6100|
9. Obligation of Notice
Date of Announcement November 24, 2017
Date of Enforcement December 1, 2017